What is Jobseekers Allowance

It's money for people who are out of work and looking for a job. There are 2 types of JSA.

One type is called contribution-based JSA. You get it if you've paid enough NI contributions. It's paid for 6 months.

The other type is called income-based JSA. You might get it if you didn't pay enough NI contributions or if your other JSA has run out. It's 'means-tested'. This means that money you have coming in and your savings affect how much benefit you get