Should I be resting or moving?
- Keep moving, even if it is difficult at first.
- Do whatever you normally would and stay at, or return to work. This is important and is the best way to get better.
- Change positions regularly wherever you are. Try to move your neck slowly and gently for ten to twenty seconds every hour when you are awake.
- Try to stay active, but remember not to carry out activities which aggravate any pains you have in your neck and/or arm(s).
- Try to find a position that reduces any pains you may have in your neck and/or arm(s).
- Wearing a collar will slow down your recovery.