How do I apply a bandage?
The key points when applying a bandage are:
- Make sure the person is comfortable and tell them what you are doing.
- Make sure you work from the side of the injury and do not have to lean across their body.
- Keep the injured part of the body supported in the position it will be in when the bandage is on.
- Make sure you use the right size bandage - different parts of the body need different widths of bandage.
- If possible, do not cover fingers or toes when bandaging a limb, so that you can easily check the circulation.